A blog

Sunday, February 01, 2009

The Roots - Rising Down



Award: Recording of the Year - "Rising Down" the album sounds to me like one of the best releases I've heard in many years (so I really don't understand why I hear say 2008 was not a memorable year in music)
Lack of award: It's hard to pick one track from the album as a favourite, but Rising Up (below) is a high note that ends the album and makes a nice counterpoint to the track above.
Why YouTube lets The Roots down: Universal Music Group now has YouTube automatically stripping out any audio from the Roots on any fans video, à la upload of small child singing Winter Wonderland.
ASAP: Sample these tracks while you can...
Rising Up

75 bars

Get Busy

I Can't Help It

Criminal

I Will Not Apologize

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home